What is LCVP?
Students who take the LCVP must take a minimum of five Leaving Certificate Subjects, as above, including Irish. Two of the above must be selected from one of the designated Vocational Subject groupings. Students are also required to follow a recognised course in a modern European Language.
Students must study the following Link Modules to provide a vocational focus:
- Enterprise Education
- Preparation for the World of Work
Aims of the Programme:
- Realise the vocational potential of their Leaving Certificate Subjects
- Become self-confident, innovative and resourceful
- Acquire attitudes and skills appropriate to adult life, the world, the world of work and enterprise
- Explore career opportunities in areas relevant to their vocational subject grouping and/or personal aspirations
- Interact effectively with, and learn from, adults in the community
- Utilise local business and community enterprise as learning resources
- Draw together knowledge, skills, and enterprise from a variety of sources to accomplish set goals